MINAAKSHI MAJUMDAR, A leading classical vocalist of the present generation, born in a family where she was groomed with music in very early age by her mother Sandhya Majumdar. Minakshi started her initial training of music from Sri Sarat Badopadhyay at her early age. Thereafter, she became a disciple of Pt. Nihar Ranjan Bandopadhayay for learning Indian Classical and Semi Classical music. And thereafter her Guru was Late Pt. Arun Bhaduri, who was attached as a Guru in ITC Sangeet Research Academy, Kolkata. Minaakshi is an ex-scholar of ITC Sangeet Research Academy and was under Guru Sri Pt. Ajay Chakrabarty and Sri Aniruddha Bhattacharya. Also under the tutelage of acclaimed Thumri singer late Vidushi Purnima Chaudhuri. She completed her M.A. (1st Class) from Rabindra Bharati University in Music (Vocal Honours). Minakshi is 'A Graded' artist of All India Radio. She is also empanelled artist of ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations). Minakshi has already achieved the following to her credit.
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS:
- ▪ ICCR empanelled Artist.
- ▪ FIRST position in Khayal &Thumri in the prestigious music competition held by the All India Radio.
- ▪ Awarded by ITC Sangeet Research Academy in Mumbai, Promising Artiste award.
- ▪ FIRST position in Indian Classical Music organized by 'The Dover Lane Music Conference, Kolkata, thereby winning "Amir Khan Memorial" trophy.
- ▪ She is bestowed with the title of "SURMANI ." The "Sursingar Samsad" in Mumbai.
- ▪ Recipient of National Scholarship, Ministry of Culture (Government of India), New Delhi.
- ▪ M.A. in vocal music from Rabindra Bharati University.
- ▪ Stood first in Khayal in Swar Prabhat Talent Search Contest in Kolkata.
- ▪ Winner of "Ravi Kichlu" in Khayal
- ▪ Stood first in All India Railway Cultural Competition in Vocal Music.
- ▪ National Programme (Akhil Bharatiya Sangeet Sammelan) of All India Radio.
- ▪ Kolkata ICCR.
- ▪ Performed in UK (united kingdom) at glasgow, edinburgh festival.
- ▪ ITC SRA (Sangeet Research Academy) Programme in Mumbai.
- ▪ ITC Sangeet Research Academy, Kolkata.
- ▪ National Centre for the Performing arts (NCPA), Mumbai.
- ▪ Prabha Atre Foundation, Pune. MAHARASHTRA
- ▪ Kal Ke KalaKaar (Surmani) in Mumbai.
- ▪ Dover Lane Music Conference at Uttam Manch, Kolkata.
- ▪ Swami Haridas Sabha in Mumbai. * Kashi Sangeet Samaj in Varanasi
- ▪ Indore All India Radio.
- ▪ Uttarpara Sangeet Chakra, Kolkata.
- ▪ Kolkata All India Radio, many recordings done. * Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre EZCC in Kolkata.
- ▪ All India Railway Cultural Conference in Hyderabad. * Asiatic Society Recreation Club, Kolkata.
- ▪ Akashvani sangeet sammelan in Jammu